Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Time Flies

It never seems possible that as much time has lapsed as really has. It has now been another month since my last update. WOW!

Things are going well for our family. I would like to think that we are getting into a groove with the baby, but really, we don't have a schedule. We just go with the flow. Kiari doesn't like to sleep for long periods of time during the day unless you are holding her. She has gotten better at night. A lot of times she will have 4 - 6 hour stretches of sleep. That is very nice.

Both Riley and Kate have been wonderful. They are such great big sisters. They both jump right in to help take care of Kiari when she is in need of something like a bottle or even a diaper change. I am really proud of Riley with the way she has handled everything. We are currently getting the house ready to list. It has been a Super slow process and one day she watched Kiari all day so that Garth and I could get things done. She got rewarded with a video game she has been asking for.

The house, as I said, will be listed shortly. We were hoping to have it listed a few weeks ago. And quite honestly, I have been stalling a bit in hopes that the family that really wants it is able to get the financing to buy it. But we have decided that the girls and I will be moving to Dallas the second week of June. Garth and I will visit Dallas at the end of May and find us a house to rent. We have some friends that will come and stay with Riley so she can finish up the school year her in Norton. I am really going to miss this place. It is all so strange that it is really happening. For 15 1/2 years Garth and I have been together and we have been in "school" for the entire time. It is strange for it to finally be done. Garth admitted to me the other night that it is a bit daunting to know that he is finally "done." I am so impressed with him. He has handled all of the struggles that have been dealt him with such grace. He is not practicing the kind of medicine he always dreamed, but he is really good at what he does. His patience really like him and I believe he will do well with the type of medicine he will be practicing.

I really am fortunate to have snagged him for a husband. I am the lucky one. He asked me 6 times to marry him before I said "yes." I sure am glad that he waited for me to "come around." I couldn't ask for a better husband and father. I haven't always been the easiest person to live with, but he sure has gone out of his way to ensure that he has provided us with a fabulous lifestyle. I really do have the dream life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad things seem to be turning around for your family! I will miss you, but I'm so happy things are slowing working themselves out.

    ReplyDelete