Friday, July 9, 2010

2:00 am and where are you????

Well, instead of being in bed sound asleep, I am obviously on my computer. I woke up at 12:00 midnight (didn't get to bed until 11:00.) I couldn't fall back to sleep. I hate that. I have been very fortunate so far in that I haven't had that urge to go to the bathroom a million times throughout the day and night like I have with my previous pregnancies, but tonight, it all seems to have kicked in and is making up for lost time. I got up and also got a piece of bread and butter in hopes of settling my stomach. But it didn't do a very good job. Finally at about 2:00 I got up and came downstairs to satisfy a craving of celery and v-8. Sadly, I am out of v-8. :(

So I had some celery with veggie dip and peppermint tea. I am not so confident I will be able to keep it all down much longer. You know, tossing your tummy contents wouldn't be so bad if it tasted as good as it did going down.

I had a doctor's appointment today. I am nearly 9 weeks along (IS THAT ALL?!?!?!?!) and the nurse attempted to use the Doppler to hear the heartbeat. Well, as I am not a thin person, I knew it was futile. That was actually good because the doctor really wanted to have the heart rate, so I got an ultrasound. WOOHOO. You know, I am sicker than a dog right now, so you would think that would be a pretty darn good indicator that things are progressing. But my heart was still racing as I was laying there and they began the hunt for the little peanut in my belly. At first I didn't see the heartbeat and my heart jumped up into my throat. But then, I saw it. That beautiful little flicker. And this week, you could actually see the head. I am pretty sure I could even make out one of the eyes. :) YAY!

Kate, my almost 4-year-old was with me and she was pretty confused by the fuzzy little picture on the screen. She kept asking where the baby was. Poor thing, she was pretty excited to see the baby. Perhaps one of these times she will be able to recognize it a little bit better.

For now, things are looking good. My Rh-antibody came back positive with a 1:32 ratio. That is actually 1/2 of what it was at the end of my pregnancy with Kate. I asked if it was normal for it to go down like that. He explained that it is kind of like some of the conditions that have flare ups. It can actually go away, but when you become exposed to it again then it can shoot up really high, really fast. Still, the ratio is higher than 1:8 (which I knew it would be) so he said I must stay stateside. So no trips to China or Indonesia for me. :( I asked about going to Texas in September for a job interview for my hubby and he said he didn't want to take away all my fun and said it would be fine. :) HAHA He laughed and said, well, at least in Texas if you order rattlesnake, then you know you are going to get rattle snake. We then talked about some of the other interesting dishes we ate while in Indonesia.

I go back in 3 weeks for the Nuchal testing. I am trying really hard to be relaxed and calm through this pregnancy. I really am, but I have to say that even though I will always opt for ALL testing possible, they still make me nervous. So many people opt out of testing because of that, but had I opted out of some of those tests in my prior pregnancies, we would have missed so much that we weren't even looking for. I want to know EVERYTHING that is going on in my pregnancies, especially if there are complications or defects. It won't change anything regarding whether or not to have the baby, because I will have the baby and love it regardless. But at least I will be prepared.

Today, I was sitting in the waiting room and had the opportunity to talk with another expectant mom. I wish I had given her my card with my contact information because we actually kind of clicked and I would have liked to keep in touch with her. She lost her second child as well. He was born a month early, but did okay for a while. He passed away 3 months later. We never really got into why as I got called in to my appointment. Sometimes it would just be nice to have another mom around that I could physically get together with that really understands. Perhaps I will call the doctor's office tomorrow and ask if they will give her my information. Don't know if they will or not, but it is always worth a shot.

My doctor gave me some new prenatal vitamins to try out that are supposed to help with the nausea and tossing of the tummy contents. I hope they work. Even my husband is surprised at how much more difficult this one is compared to the previous three. I guess this vitamin has a higher dose of B vitamins. But I am already on extra B vitamins, so my hopes aren't exactly high.

Well, it is 3:00 am. Perhaps I will go back to bed and see if I can actually sleep. Something tells me I will have a very difficult time getting up in 3 hours to go to the pool. Not so sure I will make it. Dang it! I didn't make it today either. :( BOO!


  1. Glad you're doing ok! Been thinking and praying for you!

  2. Thanks Twoandra. I appreciate that. :)

  3. Just keeping tabs on you over here. ;-) You reminded me, when I was preggo with my first son I craved V-8 the whole time. A couple of times I went to 7-11 in the wee hours of the morning because I HAD to have it. Here's to hoping you feel better soon, but you know, sometimes the couch just needs you!